Comments for Cat ate mouse toy
A Very Close Call by: Meg Stewart-Snoad I once bought one of those catnip mouse toys for my cat, Minnie, for Christmas. Later that day (Christmas Day), I came into the house, to hear a strange, wheezing sound coming from my bedroom. I went in there, only to find Minnie on my bed, wheezing, with the tip of the mouse tail, poking out of her mouth. I picked her up, tilted her head back & successfully managed to pull the mouse out of her throat. Minnie had swallowed the mouse whole, but the tail was still poking out. Minnie has since then suffered no other complications since then. It was very lucky I was there, because if no-one had have noticed until later, it could have been so much worse. Since then, I have never let my cats play with catnip mouse toys unsupervised. They should ALL come with a warning on the label.
My cat just ate mouse toy too! by: Anonymous The same thing just happened to my cat. She started vomiting suddenly. It took several vet visits, an ultrasound, an ER visit and a week of my cat vomiting before an x-ray finally revealed a foreign body in her intestine. She had emergency surgery to remove what turned out to be the plastic core of a fur mouse toy. She had to stay in the hospital for a few days for observation because she was running a fever. I took her home, only to bring her back to ER 2 days later. She had inflammation&fluid in her belly and a fever. She had to stay in ICU for 5 days. She’s been home for a week now and doing much better, thank god! Feeding tube was just removed Monday. The total cost for all this was just over $10,000. My cat almost died. All because of a mouse toy. I cut off the tail on the mouse toy before I gave it to my cat. It never occurred to me that the rest of the mouse toy was just as dangerous. I’d hate for this to happen to anyone else.
See Vet by: Anonymous Obviously your cat did some damage to himself. You need to get your vet to explain what was done to him/her and ask if this will improve or not.